From the age of 8-9 years old I really started gaining weight and developing lifestyle related health issues. When I turned 22 I started taking charge of my own health, diet and lifestyle.
My story and journey is what lead me to where I am today. I have learned a lot through the years of what really works for both weight loss and how to attain (or maintain) a strong immune system and a healthy body. You can read more about this on my About Me page…
So todays health tip is about one of nature’s best kept ” secrets”; fresh lemon juice! Yes, adding fresh lemon juice to your daily diet is one of the best ways to:
- Curb your appetite
- Regulate your blood sugar
- Increase your energy
- Help cleanse your liver and kidneys
- Lower your foods glycemic index (when added to food)
- Help you drink more water by adding flavour
- Balance your body’s PH levels
- Reduce inflammation
- Add Vitamin C and antioxidants to your diet
- Help with the digestion process
- Drink a large glass of warm water with the juice of half a lemon first thing in the morning.
- Press the juice from fresh lemons (in a juicer without the rind and skin) and add to your water through out the day. I always do this and have a full glass bottle in the fridge.
- Use in cooking. I always add something acidic to salad dressings, soups, dips and anywhere you need to replace the need for salt and balance the flavour.
I guarantee that by adapting this easy, tasty and inexpensive habit you will really help your energy levels sore, and make you leaner, happier and healthier!