Today I have another super-healthy, tasty and easy soup for you. This one is also vegan and loaded with antioxidants like vitamin C and lycopen, which is known for its cancer- fighting properties.
The roasting of the vegetables give the soup extra depth and flavour and it also basically makes it self so you can do other things before dinner time!
You can also make this soup in larger portions and freeze for later. It is also a great tomato sauce base for pastas and pizzas.
You will need:
- 1 kilo ( about 2 pounds) fresh tomatoes
- 4 cloves of garlic (leave the skin on)
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 large carrots
- Olive oil
- 1- 2 tbs. nutritional yeast
- Cut the tomatoes in half. Peel the onion and the carrots and cut into large pieces. Leave the skin on the garlic.
- On a baking tray, lined with a baking sheet, rub the ingredients with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Bake in the oven for 30- 40 min at 200 degrees celsius (360 fahrenheit).
- When soft and golden, remove from oven and peel off the tomato skin and remove the garlic from skin. This is easy when they are baked.
- Place in a blender or food prosessor and blend until smooth, taking care to let out steam so it doesn’t explode! 😉
- Add to a pot and season to taste. Let simmer for 5- 10 minutes. Add the nutritional yeast before serving.
Recipe from my Norwegian book “Carinas sunne kjøkken” (Carina ‘s Healthy Kitchen). Buy here