I love cauliflower as it is so comforting and easy to use as a replacement for a low carb alternative to rice, potatoes and pasta.
One of my favorite ways to use this super-healthy cruciferous vegetable is in a soup. I love to make my vegan (dairy free) cauliflower soup with soaked cashew nuts. Trust me; you will not miss the heavy cream! I love to top mine with crunchy home-made popcorn and dill oil.
You will need:
- One large head of cauliflower
- 1 yellow onion
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 1 liter vegetable stock
- 100 grams soaked cashew nuts
- 1 tbs. nutritional yeast
- 1 ts. lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chop the onion and garlic and add to a pot. Simmer in olive oil until tender
- Divide the caulifower into florets and add to the pot with the vegetable stock. Cook until tender.
- When tender place the mixture in a blender, add the soaked cashews and blend VERY CAREFULLY until smooth.
- Add back to the pot and season with lemon juice, nutritional yeast, salt and pepper.
Recipe from my Norwegian book “Carinas sunne kjøkken” (Carina’s Healthy Kitchen”. Buy book here