Chocolate can really be an immune boosting food if chosen wisley, especially raw chocolate. Raw means the cacao has not been heat treated therefore it contains all the nutrients. It really is a powerhouse full of antioxidants, magnesium and healthy, fat burning fats.
Perhaps best of all is that it is really easy to make. I developed this recipe after being inspired by my trip to Modena, Italy where real balsamico is made. You can read about my trip here.
The recipe is posted below but take a look at my video of me making the chocolate. I do speak Norwegian but it is subtitled in English:)
A real good quality balsamico is naturally sweet and goes great with Maldon sea salt which enhances the chocolates flavour. You will also find this recipe in my latest book Carina’s Healthy Kitchen. (Currently only in Norwegian). You can purchase it here.
Raw chocolate with balsamico and sea salt.
You will need…
- 100 grams of cacao butter
- 0,25 dl ( 2 tbs) maple sirup
- 3 tbs. raw cacao powder
- 1 tbs. good quality balsamico
- Maldon sea salt or other unrefined sea salt flakes.
- A silicon chocolate mold
- Rouphly chop the cacao butter and add to a glass bowl.
- Melt the cacao butter in a water bath (slowly) making sure the bottom of the bowl does not touch the boiling water. This will scorch the butter.
- When melted remove from heat and add the rest of the ingredients except for the sea salt. Mix well.
- Pour into a silicon mold and sprinkle a little sea salt on top. Let cool before setting the fridge for 2- 3 hours.
- Serve and enjoy.